Cheap temp monitoring systems?

General Outdoor Boiler Discussion
RSI
OWB brand: HeatMaster
OWB Model: G200

Cheap temp monitoring systems?

Post by RSI » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:13 pm

I have a bunch of parts laying around that I could put together some cheaper temperature logging systems. These would be put together with parts that I no longer use on my normal systems because I now use different stuff.

If anyone is interested, let me know. The price would depend on how you want them configured. Usually I send them out with everything setup and provide a web page to view temp and graph. If you wanted to supply that or setup port forwarding for direct view it would make a difference on the pricing.

I would have to check over what parts I have but think I could do a couple systems for around $100 with two sensors.
For the internet connection, running a cat5 cable to your router is easiest but wifi is possible with additional hardware.

The sensors are about 1/4" in diameter and can be attached to pipes or put in thermowells. Sensor wires can be up to a few hundred feet long depending on wire size, type, etc.
This is a screenshot of what you view on computer or smart phone.
screenshot.png

clydem
OWB brand: Central Boiler
OWB Model: 5036

Re: Cheap temp monitoring systems?

Post by clydem » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:02 am

I am interested in what you use produce graphs like that? I currently have a control by web X-300 setup. thanks Clyde

RSI
OWB brand: HeatMaster
OWB Model: G200

Re: Cheap temp monitoring systems?

Post by RSI » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:29 am

I graph is generated by the internal logging software. I don't think there is a way to use it with a different system.