Back

General Outdoor Boiler Discussion
SuperSpy
OWB brand: Central Boiler
OWB Model: Classic Edge 350 Ti

Back

Post by SuperSpy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Well, my previous project never panned out, and I ended up moving out of that house into a house that ended up being quite the money pit fixer-upper, but I finally pulled the trigger on a boiler.

In the last few years my free time has evaporated, so the self-built gassification project kinda died out, but last week I finished the install on a CB Classic Edge 350 Titanium. So far I've been really impressed with the unit, plus I ordered the firestar wifi module, so I've been able to geek out on the unit a little being able to monitor it from my phone.

The house has an oil/wood combo unit, which was a utter pain last winter, requiring fillings every 2-4 hours. It was nice not having a pay a cent for heating (I get free wood from work), but after coming downstairs to fill it and seeing the chimney duct from the furnace glowing orange, I knew a fire inside the house wasn't a long term solution for me and my sanity.

The old unit burned a ton as well and I nearly ran out of seasoned wood last year so this year I probably have 5-6 cords stacked up in various states of dryness. Hopefully this will allow me to get a lead on my seasoning process as burning wet wood is no fun.

Bring it on, Michigan winter!

Bull
OWB brand: Central Boiler
OWB Model: 4436

Re: Back

Post by Bull » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:29 am

sounds like a nice setup, welcome back