Replacing performaflex

General Outdoor Boiler Discussion
Tagurit
OWB brand: Portage & Main
OWB Model: BL 34/44

Replacing performaflex

Post by Tagurit » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:34 am

What is the outside diameter of the 32mm rehau pipe? I have performaflex 5 wrap pex al pex,
5 ¾ “ OD, I need to replace this and wondered if the rehau pipe would go inside of the performaflex tile, I would like to sleeve it in the white tile the last 20’ to the house then trench the rest. Total run would be 105’ house to boiler.
The performaflex I think has water in it, started using about a cord a week after the frost went out and got a rain. I have pm 3444. I shut the house line off, performaflex, and wood consumption is way down with just the shop which has central pex.
I wish i would have used the good stuff first, tearing the yard up again is not a good thing with my wife!
Has any one tried this or have any ideas, this would save tearing a new cement sidewalk up.

RSI
OWB brand: HeatMaster
OWB Model: G200

Re: Replacing performaflex

Post by RSI » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:12 pm

The rehau is 4.3" OD and your pipe is 5" ID so it should fit if there are no tight bends. The rehau will not bend anywhere near as tight as the Performaflex.

I would call Z Supply about it. If it did actually fail, they may replace it for free.